Students in Group Two start developing their listening skills by playing in “rounds”.
Correct finger positions, from the First lesson, are vital as it creates good technique.
- More complex rhythmic patterns are taught.
- Recognition of five notes (without colours).
- To recognise that different types of notes have different values.
- To be able to play a short melodic phrase with accompaniment.
- Students are taught to listen/play on every beat of a bar.
- Time signatures are introduced. (2, 3 or 4 beats per bar)
- To recognise and play three different notes on the recorder.
- Students are introduced to harmony.
- Aural training – singing with accompaniment and singing high and low pitched notes.
- Memory retention is introduced – this increases concentration.